The Chattanooga Technology Council (ChaTech) is hosting its 8th Annual CxO Auction on Thursday, Aug. 22 at Chattanooga Whiskey Event Hall. The event will begin with an open networking reception and whiskey tours from 5-6 p.m., followed by a Dinner & Auction from 6-8:30 p.m.
"What is the CxO Auction? The CxO Auction is the premier technology event bringing together the Chattanooga tech community for some fun, networking and to support the outreach programs and other services provided by ChaTech," officials said. "Throughout the week, we’ll be auctioning off meetings with corporate technology leaders, or 'CxOs.' These tech executives include C-Suite leaders and other corporate IT decision-makers from the Chattanooga area—hence the generic title of 'CxO.'
"This year, we’re introducing an online auction and payment platform. Some meetings will be auctioned online from Monday, Aug. 19 through Wednesday, Aug. 21. The opportunity for a two-hour meeting with other CxOs will be offered in a live (and live-streamed) auction at the event on Aug. 22."
This year’s IT leaders on the auction block include:
• Jennifer Butler, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (two-time Big Cheese winner)
• Nick Coussoule, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee (four-time Big Cheese winner)
• Jennifer Weaver, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee
• Mike Harrison, CBL Properties
• Nasera Souidi, CBL Properties
• Sean Datcher, Check into Cash
• Brent Messer, City of Chattanooga
• Steve Hitchings, Kenco Logistics
• Scott Lancaster, Kenco Logistics
• Wes Floyd, Kenco Logistics
• Byron Nash, Orthobanc
• Scott Swiney,PlayCore
• Shane Pilcher, Siskin Hospital
• Lynda Fleury, Unum
• Knut Hilles, Volkswagen Chattanooga (one-time Big Cheese winner)
There will be a full house of ChaTech members, contributors, sponsors and other supporters, including the CxOs themselves. Internet technology vendors and professionals will bid on meetings to gain B2C or B2B expertise from these local technology leaders, and the bidding can get competitive for this meeting time.
Companies may bid individually or in partnership with other companies, and they may bid on as many CxOs as they like. The individual receiving the highest bid is crowned "The Big Cheese."
Proceeds benefit programs and services including coding camps for youth, scholarships for college students in IT majors and educational programs for professionals.
The evening will be capped off with a paddle raise to garner funds to support ChaTech’s scholarship programs.
Learn more about ChaTech, the CxO Auction and ways you can give by calling 423-826-8700.