The Hamilton County Health Department’s Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) has been updated to allow more resources to be diverted to the COVID-19 response. The new lists of essential services and temporarily suspended services are below:
The essential Health Department services still in operation are as follows.
Please note, some of these services have changed from full to partial:
· Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) – phone triage, clients should call 209-8250 before coming to the clinic.
· Family Planning – phone triage, clients should call 209-8350 before coming to the clinic.
· Pediatrics – phone triage for sick children only. Parents should call 209-8050 before coming to the clinic.
· Vital Records (Birth and Death Certificates) – effective immediately, no walk-ins, all requests by mail or fax, see website for required documentation and applications. Services provided for cremation/funerals will continue to be handled via phone and fax.
· Tuberculosis Control Activities - will continue for medication pick up and case follow up. Clients should call 209-8030 before coming to the clinic.
· Post Exposure Tetanus
· WIC – Now Provided via Phone Calls, 423-209-8050.
· Homeless Health Care Center – Primary Care and Sick Care
· Emergency Dental Care
· Environmental Services - Foodborne Outbreak Response and Rabies Testing
· Breastfeeding Support
· Pediatric Lead Testing of Suspected Elevations
The temporarily suspended services are as follows:
· Immunizations and well child physicals
· Home Visits/Community Outreach
· Community Meetings
· Routine Restaurant Inspections
· Preventative Dental Services
· Well Child Physical Exams
· Car Seat Program