Continuing Education and Workforce Development is ramping up its offering for the Fall 2020 semester at Cleveland State to help students invest in their future.
Courses being offered to help develop students professionally are: Excel – Level 1, Leadership Seminars on Leadership Essentials, and Effective Conflict Management, Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced Microsoft Teams, OSHA 10-Hour General Industry, HVAC Bootcamp, Root Cause Analysis Problem Solving for Manufacturers and Banking/Healthcare/Service Industry, and Welding.
About the courses:
• Leadership Seminars – Grow your ability to work with and motivate your team in the corporate and higher education settings. Seminars in Leadership Essentials (October 14) and Effective Conflict Management (November 4) will be offered in a virtual classroom. Cost for each seminar is $99.
• Excel – Level 1 – Learn the logical processes of working within Microsoft Excel. From entering data to creating 3D formulas, this course will be offered October 20, 22, 27, 29 at the Cleveland State Community College Athens Center. Cost of the course is $95.
• Microsoft Teams – Learn the essential functions of the latest virtual collaboration software Microsoft offers today. From video meetings to application integration, our “Beginning,” “Intermediate,” and “Advanced” sessions will be held September 23, October 21, and November 18, respectively. Cost of each virtual session is $150.
• OSHA 10-Hour General Industry – Develop a mastery in safety and health hazards in today’s workplace with this session. From worker’s rights to employer’s responsibilities, this course provides you with the OSHA General Industry Certification – giving you a competitive edge. The course will be offered on the Cleveland State Community College main campus on November 2, 9, and 16. Cost of the course is $199.
• HVAC Bootcamp – Learn the skills and techniques needed to troubleshoot and repair the HVAC system in an expedited class. In less than three weeks, this hands-on course will train you for a new career as an HVAC Technician and includes the EPA certification test. The class will be offered at our Monroe County Center in Vonore from September 28 to October 14. Cost of the training is $2900.
• Root Cause Analysis Problem Solving – Learn to solve problems systematically using the “5 Whys,” also known as the Fishbone Diagram. Practice how to prepare and moderate a problem solving workshop with a team of experts. The course for manufacturers will be offered via Zoom on September 9. The course for banking/healthcare/service industry will be offered via Zoom on September 10. Cost of each session is $149.
• Welding – Learn the skill sets you’ll need to know to excel in the MIG welding process. The course includes welding technique training, safety, machine set-up, and troubleshooting techniques. The course will be offered on the Cleveland State Community College main campus on October 5, 7, 9, 12, 14, 16, 19, and 21. Cost of the course is $2199.
For more information, go to mycs.cc/grow or contact the Cleveland State Continuing Education office at 423-473-2270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.