A Hamilton County Schools initiative launched Tuesday will provide local families with a dedicated space designed to empower and support them throughout their child’s educational journey.
Called the Family Connection Center, this new space will serve as a hub of information and services, providing families with personalized care in navigating the many resources available to them through Hamilton County Schools. The Center aims to foster stronger relationships with families, promoting a collaborative approach to student success.
“Navigating a large school district like ours and even knowing where to start looking for answers to questions can sometimes be challenging for families,“ said HCS Family and Community Engagement Director Kate Skonberg.
”The Center exists to build strong, trusting partnerships with families. We walk alongside them to access resources, both in and outside of Hamilton County Schools, that meet their individual needs. That could range from providing assistance with enrollment, PowerSchool, or school choice applications to facilitating connections with their child’s school or community organizations. Our goal is to offer a one-stop-shop experience that will help our families support their children.”
According to Ms. Skonberg, key features of the Family Connection Center include:
• District Connection Hub: A comprehensive, centralized location for connections to district information, services, and resources.
• Community Connections: Referrals to trusted community partner organizations meeting the holistic needs of families.
• Learning Opportunities: Regularly scheduled learning sessions covering a wide range of topics to empower families to actively participate in their child’s educational development.
• One-on-One Consultations: Offered both in-person and virtually, families have access to direct support from district staff providing personalized guidance to meet the unique needs of each family.
• Technology Access: Equipped with computers and internet access, the Center ensures families have the tools necessary for accessing online educational resources and tools.
"Because families have different schedules and circumstances, there are numerous ways to engage with the Family Connection Center. The goal is to be accessible in a way – whether in person, by phone, or virtually – that works for every family," officials said.
The Family Connection Center is open from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. "If you have a question or need support regarding your child's education, the Center staff can assist you in getting direct help or being connected to the right resource," officials said.
Appointments are available between 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Book an Appointment with the FCC or contact them by phone or email for assistance.