CHI Memorial’s mobile health coach will provide mammography screenings at the following locations in October:
· Friday, Oct. 18, 2019, 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Olivet Baptist Church
740MLK Blvd., Chattanooga, TN 37403
· Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. – Living Stones Ministry
4230 Benton Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37406
· Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019, 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Radiant Beauty Salon
603 MLK Blvd, Chattanooga, TN 37303
· Friday, Oct. 25, 2019, 4 – 7 p.m. – United Missionary Baptist Church
2629 Tunnel Blvd, Chattanooga, TN 37406
· Saturday, Oct. 26, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – Hawkinsville Missionary Baptist Church
7463 Pinewood Drive, Chattanooga, TN 37421
All women should have one screening mammogram between the ages of 35-40. After age 40, a screening mammogram is recommended every year. Any woman who meets these age guidelines and has not had a mammogram in the past 12 months may participate, with or without insurance.
For those with insurance, you must bring your insurance card and a photo ID, such as a driver’s license. Insurance will be filed for you. If you do not have insurance, you may qualify for financial assistance. The MaryEllen Locher Breast Center partners with Tennessee Breast and Cervical Screening Program and the Susan G. Komen Foundation to provide eligible uninsured and under-insured women with breast and cervical screenings. If an abnormality is discovered, the diagnostic work up is covered and a financial plan is provided for any follow-up care.
Women need to know their doctor’s first and last name.
To schedule a screening, call 423 495-4040 or 866 591-2254.