The Tennessee Valley Authority invites the public to join in celebrating National Public Lands Day. TVA and its partners are hosting several events in the Chattanooga area over the next two weekends aimed at keeping these public lands a destination for recreation users in the Tennessee Valley. To learn more about TVA’s National Public Lands Day events, click here.
National Public Lands Day Events:
• Fall Migration Bird Walk: Thursday, Sept. 26 from 7-9 a.m. Meet at the Upper Rock Pile Trail on the TVA Muscle Shoals Dam Reservation.
• Marbut Bend Nature Walk: Saturday, Sept. 28 from 8-11 a.m. Meet at Marbut Bend trailhead parking lot to learn about wetlands diversity and importance.
• Native Plant Garden Work Day: Saturday, Sept. 28 from 8-11 a.m. at the TVA Muscle Shoals Dam Reservation Native Plant Garden for a work day.
• Flint River Cleanup: Saturday, Sept. 28 from 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Madison, AL. Please register your attendance at 256-539-3747.
• Tennessee River Rescue: Saturday, Oct. 5 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. at the Chickamauga Dam Day Use Area for this popular regional cleanup.
• Lake Nottely Fall Cleanup: Saturday, Sept 28 from 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Supplies are provided for volunteers to clean up the shoreline. Meet at Poteete Creek Campground.
• Guntersville Cleanup and Breakfast: Friday, Oct. 4 at 8:30 a.m. Meet at the State Park Lodge for a breakfast prior to shoreline cleanup.