Today I invite you to step behind the curtain. Welcome to my backstage. Some people are amazed at the amount of emails I receive every day on “email@example.com” and whoa! Far be it for me to complain! Many of my story ideas come from what people like to share with me and the worst downside is that time prohibits me answering a great many of them. For instance, if I spent just three minutes responding to, let’s say 60 … that’s 180 minutes = 3 hours nonstop.
But in what I hope may be fun for our readers, I came up with an idea after I was away from my desk all afternoon yesterday. What if I gave you a sampling of some of what arrived on Wednesday just between noon until 6 o’clock? That's right, what you are getting ready to see is admittedly just a fraction of what I received, but ones I hope you’ll find as amusing as I do.
Sure, many are political, as you would guess with the presidential election in less than two months, and the sheer volume limits my column’s capacity, but I hope you’ll be entertained by what some feel it is “crucial” for me to see.
Here we go …
* * *
“I DON’T KNOW WHO WROTE THIS BUT IT’S GREAT … “
(The email begins) Today I woke up and as I had my morning coffee, I realized that everything is about to change. No matter how I vote, no matter what I say, something evil has invaded our nation, and our lives are never going to be the same.
I have been confused by the hostility of family and friends. I look at people I have known all my life -- so hate-filled that they agree with opinions they would never express as their own. I think that I may well have entered the Twilight Zone.
You can't justify this insanity. We have become a nation that has lost its collective mind!
• If a dude pretends to be a woman, you are required to pretend with him.
• Somehow, it’s un-American for the census to count how many Americans are in America.
• Russians influencing our elections are bad, but illegals voting in our elections are good.
• It was cool for Joe Biden to "blackmail" the President of Ukraine, but it’s an impeachable offense if Donald Trump inquiries about it.
• People who have never owned slaves should pay slavery reparations to people who have never been slaves.
• People who have never been to college should pay the debts of college students who took out huge loans for their degrees.
• Immigrants with tuberculosis and polio are welcome, but you’d better be able to prove your dog is vaccinated.
• $5 billion for border security is too expensive, but $1.5 trillion for “free” health care is not.
• If you cheat to get into college you go to prison, but if you cheat to get into the country you go to college for free.
• People who say there is no such thing as gender are demanding a female President.
• We see other countries going Socialist and collapsing, but it seems like a great plan to us.
• Some people are held responsible for things that happened before they were born, and other people are not held responsible for what they are doing right now.
• Criminals are caught-and-released to hurt more people but stopping them is bad because it's a violation of THEIR rights.
• And pointing out all this hypocrisy somehow makes us "racists"?!
Nothing makes sense anymore, no values, no morals, no civility, and people are dying of a Chinese virus, but it is racist to refer to it as Chinese, even though it began in China. We are clearly living in an upside down world where right is wrong and wrong is right, where moral is immoral and immoral is moral, where good is evil and evil is good, where killing murderers is wrong, but killing innocent babies is right.
Wake up America, the great unsinkable ship Titanic America has hit an iceberg, is taking on water, and is sinking fast. The choice is yours to make. What will it be? Time is short, make your choice wisely!
* * *
“I LOVE COUNTRY MUSIC AND YOU’LL LOVE THIS …”
NOTE: To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Country Music Awards (CMA), 30 of the greatest country music stars took part in a fabulous “sing-along” salute that is built around John Denver’s “Country Roads,” Willie Nelson’s “On the Road Again,” and Dollye Parton’s I Will Always Love You.”
You will see the group Alabama, Jason Aldean, Dierks Bentley, Brooks & Dunn, Luke Bryan, Eric Church, Brett Eldredge, Vince Gill, Faith Hill, Alan Jackson, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Little Big Town, Martina McBride, Tim McGraw, Ronnie Milsap, Kacey Musgraves, Willie Nelson, Brad Paisley, Dolly Parton, Charley Pride, Rascal Flatts, Reba, Darius Rucker, Blake Shelton, George Strait, Randy Travis, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban, and Trisha Yearwood. CMA Award winner and CMA Board member Shane McAnally produced the single, “Forever Country,” and the video was directed by Grammy Award-winning director Joseph Kahn.
This is spectacular! To see “Forever Country, CLICK HERE.
* * *
“WHERE IS RONALD REAGAN WHEN WE NEED HIM MORE THAN EVER?”
Ronald Reagan was the Governor of California when he confronted riots at Cal-Berkley in 1969. Pay close attention to his joke at the end! CLICK HERE.
* * *
ÉLEPHANTS: SUPREME MOMENT, MAIS BELLE FRAYEUR !”
Some elephants threaten a safari van. CLICK HERE.
* * *
A BLACK AMERICAN SPEAKS HIS MIND
Actually, Deion Alexander made this tape about “cry-babies” nearly three years ago after Donald Trump had beaten Hillary Clinton … but his words ring just as true today. CLICK HERE.
* * *
A VERY GENEROUS MAN FROM QUEENS, NYC
* -- In 1986, a farmer, Lenard Hill, took his own life on the morning his farm was to go to a courthouse auction, believing that his life insurance would pay enough to save the cotton and soybean plantation that had been in his family for more than 100 years. A complete stranger in Queens N.Y. read about this story and paid off the remaining $77,000.
* -- A USMC Sergeant spent seven months in a Mexican prison for accidentally crossing the border with a firearm. He was beaten and tortured in jail. Once he was released, the man from Queens sent him a check for $25,000 "To get you started."
* -- In 2013, A black bus driver saves a suicidal girl from jumping off a bridge. Our Queens man sends him a check for $10,000.
* -- In 1988, a rabbi's critically ill son needs to get from NYC to California for specialty care treatment. No airlines will fly him. A generous man in Queens pays for a private flight for the child.
* -- In 2017, after Army Corporal Dillon Bald Ridge was killed in Afghanistan, a generous man in Queens sent his father a check for $25,000.
This kind-hearted man from Queens has committed many other "quiet acts of random kindness."
A wise man once said, "If a man's heart is good ... Nothing else matters. And if a man's heart is bad ... Nothing else matters."
So, who was and is this kind man?... Donald J. Trump…a man with a good heart.
In case you have any doubts about these stories, below are links that you can enjoy.
* * *
These are just a select few that arrived Wednesday afternoon. Can you imagine me on the nightly news?