After much prayer and long pursuit, the Union Gospel Mission acquired property behind its location for expansion.
Executive Director, Reverend Jon Rector said, “Just behind our existing facilities is a small piece of land, about half an acre, that we have been asking God to give us for several years. The past few years it has been used for drug use and squatters.
Just last week, we were able to finalize the deal and close on that property. Praise the Lord!”
There is a challenge though, with the property Mr. Rector said. “The property currently has two single-wide mobile homes that have been condemned. We are only allowed to replace those mobile homes with two more mobile homes, by code.”
Now the Union Gospel Mission needs help from the community to move forward with this expansion. Mr. Rector said, “While we can begin ‘clean up’, we cannot begin demolition until we have replacement homes ready to go in."
Here is what is needed:
* Two Single-Wide mobile homes
* Having these mobile homes set in place and hooked up
* Volunteers to work with our guys to clean up
* Equipment - skid steer, bobcat, or some other equipment with a bucket and/or a grapple
* Dumpster service, both for the cleanup and eventually to put the demolished mobile homes into.
* Plumbers, electricians, and other skilled craftsmen to help get the replacement mobile homes ready for occupancy.
* Small bulldozer/track hoe for possible dirt work to get the replacement homes in place.
The Union Gospel Mission needs help with donations of monetary support and supplies. Monetary support can be given by visiting www.theuniongospelmission.org or by mail to PO Box 983, Chattanooga, Tn. 37401. In kind resources can be taken to The Union Gospel Mission at 124 Signal Hills Blvd., Chattanooga, Tn. 37405.
For more information on how you can help, visit www.theuniongospelmission.org or call 423 752-4998.