Dr. Marissa Shulman
Dr. Marissa Shulman, of Chattanooga is among those named to the 2023-2024 executive board of The Tennessee Veterinary Medical Association (TVMA) recently named its . The board is comprised of veterinarians from across the state.
The newly elected officers are:
· President – Forrest Reynolds, DVM, Williamson County Animal Hospital, Franklin
· President-Elect – Marissa Shulman, DVM, Riverview Animal Hospital, Chattanooga
· Vice President - Cindy Schmidt, DVM, North Madison Animal Hospital, Jackson
- Secretary/Treasurer – Mary Chorney-Carter, DVM, Fayetteville Animal Clinic, Fayetteville
· Immediate Past President - Bob Parker, DVM, Main Street Animal Clinic, Oakland
Six members-at-large were also elected to represent East, West and Middle Tennessee. They are: Karin Collins, DVM, Animal Wellness Vet Hospital, White Pine; Dean Baird, DVM, Mountain Empire Small Animal Hospital, Johnson City; James Russell, DVM, Jackson Animal Clinic, Jackson; Paige Underwood, DVM, Brooks Road Animal Hospital, Memphis; Madeleine Hendrix, DVM, GoodVets Germantown, Nashville; and Cason McInturff, DVM, Cupola Animal Hospitals, Franklin.
Susan Moon, DVM, Brooks Road Animal Hospital, Memphis, is the AVMA delegate. Joe Ed Conn, DVM, Belle Meade Animal Hospital, Nashville, is the AVMA Alternate Delegate.
Heather Vaughn serves as the executive director for the Tennessee Veterinary Medical Association.