The Chattanooga Area Chapter of Safari Club International (SCI) will hold its annual fundraising banquet at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Saturday, (Feb. 26) beginning at 5:00 PM.
The Chattanooga Area Chapter won the coveted 2009 SCI Chapter of the Year Award and was presented the 2010 Chapter Membership Retention Award last week at the Worldwide Convention in Reno, NV. The award was based on the membership growth and retention during 2007-2010, and the Chattanooga was the only US Chapter to win the award.
Tickets can be purchased by calling DeAnn Swan at 423-667-2105. The cost is $55 for adults and $30 for youths 16 and under.
Draft List of Live Auction Items Available
1. Mother Grizzly and cub fishing for salmon statue
2. African Game Trails by Theodore Roosevelt 1910 FIRST EDITION
3. Action Whitewater Adventures is proud to offer a 5 day 4 night rafting trip two people on Idaho’s famous Main Salmon River rafting trip. The river has great rapids, beautiful sandy beaches, lots of wildlife and fantastic scenery. Deluxe meals, custom designed equipment and experienced, friendly guides are included. This trip is valid for the June 18-August 21, 2009 season. Winner is responsible for 3% Forest fees and $4 per person per day local forest restoration fee, and transportation to pick up area in Salmon, Idaho (they can arrange a shuttle from Boise and back for $425 per person. This would be a great family trip.Many thanks to Action Whitewater Adventures,
4. Ladies 3/4 LENGTH mink coat. This is an awesome ladies coat that can be exchanged for another coat, and it can be altered at no additional cost.
Thanks to Henig Furs,
5. Safari Club International (SCI) Life Membership Value $1500
6. Christensen Arms Carbon Barreled .270 WSM custom rifle. This fantastic rifle is guaranteed to shoot ½” or less three shot groups at 100 yards. Christensen has an unconditional lifetime guarantee on this rifle and Bell and Carlson camo dipped stock. Graphite barrels are not affected by changes in temperature and provide a stiffer barrel and lighter weight. This rifle has several upgrades which include a $250 titanium muzzle brake, lighter stock, free floating barrel, and a custom trigger, Christensen will be happy to make any additional upgrades requested at their normal pricing. Many thanks to Christensen Arms, www.christensenarms.com
7. Kentucky Trophy Bucks 3 day turkey hunt for son/daughter! This is a two day father-son/daughter youth turkey hunt in Christensen County, Kentucky for three kids and a parent of each. The hunt will be held on the Kentucky Youth Turkey weekend which is April 2 and 3. Hunters will arrive on Friday April 1 and depart after the hunt on the 3rd. Last season saw all of the youths harvested a mature gobbler or had a shot. Gobblers are hunted on 5,000 acres and have been located prior to the arrival of the kids. Each of the parent/child groups will be placed in an area where gobblers are roosting. Because they haven't been called to, the birds are very susceptible to calling. This hunt includes lodging and meals; guides can be provided for $100 per day. Guests will arrive the afternoon prior to opening morning and will depart after the evening hunt on the second day. This will be a semi-guided hunt with hunters being placed near roosting areas.
Thanks to Chuck Stephens, Kentucky Trophy Bucks
9. Kimber .300 WSM 84rifle with 3x9x40 Trijicon scope
10. Head’s Taxidermy is donating: 50%, of any one African shipment sent his shop that he mounts, off of the taxidermy bill. The winner of this auction must pay the other 50% of the mounting upfront plus the full amount of shipping and freight. For example: If you have 3 animals at $3,000.00, you will get $1,500.00 off your total taxidermy bill. If you have a $5000 taxidermy bill, you would receive a $2500 discount! This is a 100% donation to our chapter courtesy of Head’s Taxidermy, www.headstaxidermy.com Value unlimited.
11. Cedric Neuwoudt of Cape to Cairo Safaris is donating a 6 day hunt in Namibia for one hunter and one non hunter which includes a Gemsbuck and a Black Wildebest. Hunt can be taken in 2010 or 2011 and includes pickup and return to Windhook airport. Additional hunters my accompany the winner for $300 per day plus the cost of the trophies.
12. British Columbia hunt that can be upgraded to California Bighorn sheep or goat
13. TGB Outfitters/Alejandro Tripp Argentina is donating, 2010 only, 5 days of big game hunting and two days of wing shooting for two persons (7 days total). Included are meals, guides, first class accommodations, airport pickup and departure, one water buffalo (up to 75 SCI points) and one red stag (up to 200 SCI points). There are many other species of big game available during this hunt. This hunt may be upgraded to larger animals or more species at additional cost. Not included $400 hunting license and tips. Hunting is done mostly from vehicles.
14. Macedonia Black Fallow Deer Hunt for one hunter and one non-hunter Macedonia is an excellent place for hunters coming from the US because 12 different species of European and exotic big game can be hunted there. Besides the already famous Balkan Chamois, in our hunting ground hunters can hunt Kri Kri Ibex (the only place in the world where it can be hunted with the rifle), Alpine Ibex, Barbary sheep, Axis deer, Thar, excellent Muflon sheep and others as per list in attachment. Hunting is done From August 1 to May. We are offering a 6 day, 5 days hunt for one hunter and one observer in our own hunting ground Lakavica, where we have an excellent five star hunting house and where almost all species can be hunted. The donation includes transport from the airport in Skoplje, 6 nights meal and lodging in our hunting house, assistance of a professional hunter-interpreter, rifle and ammunition, assistance of the local game keeper and first treatment of trophies. Trophy Fees: Balkan Chamois USD 4.900, Axis deer USD $5,320 Muflon Sheep USD 4.900, Cretensis (Kri – Kri) Ibex, USD 11.20 Wild Boar USD 2.500, Wolf USD 4.200, Thar USD 5.600, Barbary Sheep USD 6.300, Barbary Sheep USD 6,300. www.huntineurope.com mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Dunaway weekend for two persons two days and one night: One round of sporting clays in the morning for two people and an afternoon of quail hunting at Dunaway Hunting and Fishing Club, Dunlap, Tennessee. The next day can be spent fishing in a furnished two man boat with a trolling motor. This includes one night’s lodging at the Dunaway Cabin which has two bedrooms and a hideaway bed. Agreeable dates in 2010 are to be arranged with Jim Thompson in advance.Donated by Jim Thompson and Dunaway Hunting and Fishing Club, 100% donation, www.dunawayhuntfishclub.com,
16. Cape Buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe
17. Hadley Creek, Pike County, Ill muzzloading hunt for one person beginning in the first week of December, 2011. Hunt will consist of five nights lodging, guides, meals, and game preparation. Hunt is for one whitetail deer in excess of 140" gross B&C. Not included are tips and licenses.
18. Mark Williams of W Ranch is donating a three day hunt for Merriam's turkeys in South Dakota.
Many thanks to Mark and Jayme Williams
19. Hunt Kansas Unlimited 5 ½ day archery whitetail deer hunt
This is a Kansas Archery hunt for one during either the 2010 or 2011 season. Hunt includes all meals, lodging and guide service. It does not include licenses. Hunt dates are October and November and are based on availability. Hunts are for 5 ½ days and begin Monday evening and end on Saturday noon. It can be upgraded to a rifle hunt or include additional hunters at extra cost.
Many thanks to Hunt Kansas Unlimited, www.kansas-unlimited.com
20. 5 days and 4 nights fully guided fishing trip in Alaska courtesy of Talvista Lodges. This trip, which expires September 2011, includes guides, boats, food and lodging at one of Alaska’s premier fishing locations. Donation does not include fishing licenses, tips or transportation to the lodge. This is a 100% donation!
21. Destin Florida Vacation, This package is for one week stay at Sandestin Resort. You will stay in a 3 bedroom 3 bath two story fully equipped town home. You can enjoy the beach, golf, shopping and dining at Baytown inside Sandestin resort. Relax on the patio beside tee box #6 of the Linkside Course also fishing in the many lakes out the backdoor and throughout the resort. Golf cart and Bicycle rental is available and all the mentioned amenities plus Grocery, Wine and Spirits, Orvis, Tommy Bahama etc. all can be accessed from the town home by golf cart. Imagine arrive and park you car in the private driveway, go to the beach, Pool, shop or out to eat from your rented cart (most of these mentioned activities have up front cart only parking) Condo Sleeps 8, Full Kitchen, Washer/Dryer
Many thanks to Owen and Terri Smyth,
22. CZ .416 Rigby Rifle
23. 6 DAY BROWN BEAR HUNT/ FISHING
INCLUDES . ALL MEALS , LODGING , TROPHY CARE, DAILY RATE FOR 6 HUNTING DAYS
ADDITIONAL EXPENSES $1,900 TROPHY FEE WHEN TROPHY IS TAKEN OR WOUNDED, ALL LICENSES AND TAGS, HOTELS BEFORE AND AFTER THE HUNT AND TROPHY SHIPMENT.
24. Legacy Sports Howa Axiom camoflauged scoped .308 rifle. This rifle comes with an stock that is adjustable and has a recoil reducer. Howa is the manufacturer of Weatherby Vanguard rifles.
25. Kentucky Trophy Bucks four day, TWO PERSON Archery whitetail hunt Bidder will be bidding on a fully guided two person hunt for a Trophy Whitetail Deer. Included in the hunt will be meals, lodging, guides, field transportation and game care. This hunt will take place Sept.6,7,8,9. Winning bidder and his guest will arrive around lunchtime (12-1 pm) and will get settled in and hunt the afternoon hunt on the 6th, all day 8, 9, and a morning hunt on the 9th. If winning bidder would like to bring additional guests, the cost per guest will be $1695.00. Additional days can be added to the hunt for $350.00 per day per person. If winning bidder would like to upgrade the hunt to a modern firearms hunt or muzzleloading hunt, this can be done for an additional $800.00 per person. Any non-hunters can be added for $150.00 per day. In addition we have a Fall Eastern Wild Turkey season in KY which is INCLUDED IN THE HUNT! Any hunter who would like to harvest an Eastern Gobbler with his bow may do so during the hunt with NO TROPHY FEE. Included are accommodations, experienced guides and lodging in our new lodge which was recently completed in 2009. It is a 3 bedroom, 2bath, 2 living areas, and has all the amenities (laundry facilities, cable). All meals are included as well. SCI members will enjoy southern cooked meals while they are in camp. All field transportation and game care is also included in the hunt package. Christian county is one of the top producing counties in the nation for P&Y entries. Most of these entries are coming from the Western KY portion of the state. Western KY is primarily cropland (corn/soybean) in rotation, hardwoods ridges and hardwood bottoms. Kentucky Trophy Bucks manages approx. 5000 ac. for trophy class bucks; our minimums are 125” with a bow and 140” with modern firearms (since 1999). Early season bow hunts are on travel corridors where bucks are still on summer time patterns, we generally catch them moving from thick bedding areas to food sources (crop fields, feeders). Included in the hunt are accommodations, experienced guides and lodging in our new lodge recently completed in 2009 which has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, and 2 living areas with all the amenities (laundry facilities, cable) All meals are included as well. SCI members will enjoy southern cooked meals while in camp. All field transportation and game care is also included in the hunt package. NOT INCLUDED ARE TIPS AND KENTUCKY HUNTING LICENSE THAT CAN BE PURCHASED OVER THE COUNTER OR ONLINE AT A COST OF $165.
(SPECIAL NOTE: If any of your members are interested in harvesting a Trophy Class Eastern Gobbler I would be more than happy to provide them with a fully guided hunt 1 on 1 Eastern Gobbler hunt. Season open April 10 and ends May 8, 2010. Last year our success ratio was 80% on mature gobblers (turkeys weights in excess 22 pds., longbeards, good spur lengths). This will be a 3 day hunt which will include: meals, lodging, guides, trophy fees and 1 on 1 guides. Cost of these hunts for SCI members is $695.00 this is a discounted $300.00 from our normal rates for this hunt. I will need a minimum of 3 hunters to do this hunt.) Many thanks to Kentucky Trophy Bucks DONATION VALUE $3,600
26. Ultimate muzzleloader .50 cal with BDC scope and muzzle brake
27. 7 day Alaskan cruise for two along with roundtrip airfare to Vancouver BC
28. Antelope hunt for two in the Wyoming, South Dakota or Montana
29. Safari Unlimited is donating a 6 day, 5 night Wild Belize trip for 4. This trip includes two full days guided fishing, two days guided touring and one open day for exploring. Ocilated turkey in Yucitan may be added for $2500 per person. Lodging is in an open ceiling two bedroom cabana. This trip includes transfers from Punta Gorda and return. Not included alcoholic beverages, extra days fishing at $950 per group. Trip can be taken in 2010 or 2011. www.cottontreelodge.com
30. The hunt is the Ted Nugent Porkslam and will be held in the fall 2010. It includes a Russian Wild Boar hunt bow or gun at Sunrize Safaris in Michigan at the Nugent Ranch. A lunch both days of the hunt and Mr. Nugent will be there midday the 2nd day of the hunt for lunch with the hunters and will do a little picking on his guitar! It does not include travel, accommodations, taxidermy or processing. Linda@TedNugent.com, www.sunrizesafaris.com
31. Lady's fox jacket size small
32. 100% donation from Hannes Els of Limcroma Safaris for a 10 day Plains Game safari for 1 hunter in the Limpopo Province of South Africa that includes trophy fees for Gemsbok and Impala.
With nearly 200,000 acres of privately owned and closely managed hunting concessions, Limcroma Safaris operates first class safari adventures in the Limpopo Province--the premier hunting destination in South Africa. This exclusive 10 day plains game safari includes daily rates for 1 hunter, trophy fees for 1 Gemsbok and 1 Impala, licensed professional hunter, tracker, skinner, camp staff, and daily laundry service. Guests will enjoy delectable cuisine prepared in traditional South African fashion, wild game dishes, and beverages including fine South African wines, local beers, and liquor. Accommodations include luxurious native thatched five-star chalets with ensuite baths.
33. Professional Hunter , Ricus de Villiers of White Lion Safaris has donated a 7 day trophy hunting safari in South Africa for 2 hunters. Included are $620 credit for trophy fees for each hunter on animals of their choice from over 30 species available. Also included ; transportation from and to the Kimberly ,South Africa airport and all during the safari .Licenses ,luxury accommodation and all meals are included as well as daily laundry service .A professional hunter , trackers and skinners will see to it that you find and take trophies of a lifetime and that they are properly prepared .This hunting safari can and should be upgraded to add more days , more hunters , non-hunters and trophy animals .This hunt may be taken in 2010 or 2011 .Not included are airfare , dip and pack , shipping of your trophies back to America and gratuities .
Master Taxidermist , Wm. Lloyd Johnson III of Master’s Wildlife Services in Washington , Georgia has donated $1,000 credit toward the final taxidermy bill for the full safari with a minimum of 10 shoulder mounts between the 2 hunters . Lloyd is the USA booking agent for White Lion Safaris and will assist you in the scheduling and planning of your trip even up to the placement of your finished trophies on your wall. www.whitelionsafaris.com
34. Description of Donation: Montana Fishing: Two full days of float fishing for two persons on the Big Hole or Jefferson River in a raft or drift boat with three nights lodging all meals and transportation included. Dates available are summer 2010 and June 15 to July 30 is best. This is a 2010 trip only guided two persons with one guide. Species available are: Trout: rainbows, brookies, browns, cutthroat and occasionally grayling and there are no trophy fees. This trip will be in Southwest Montana on the Big Hole or Jefferson River. We pick you up at Butte, MT airport, and you will stay at 6000 sq ft Lodge during trip. You will have your own bedroom and shared family room, all meals are family style. BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR Transportation to: Butte, Montana, Fishing license cost about $50.00 per person, and may be purchased on arrival. There is no permit drawing or lottery required. You can bring your own rods or we can furnish them ($8.00 per rod per day). You can use our tackle and just pay for lost tackle or bring your own. Gratuities and alcoholic beverages are additional.TRIP MAY BE UPGRADED: at buyer’s expense, to include: additional days of fishing or horseback riding can be arranged (this includes all meals and lodging for two) at a cost of $450 total for the two. Horseback riding is an additional $40-$125. Additional non fishing guests may stay at the lodge for $125 per day (this includes all meals and lodging).Many thanks to John and Sherry Cargill of Iron Wheel Guest Ranch, www.ironwheel.com,
35. This is a 2 day Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunt in 2010 at Starkey Hollow Whitetails for a hunter's choice of a buck up to 130". We are a new operation with 2010 being our inaugural year. The area is approximately 150 acres of rolling hills and valleys with bucks of all sizes. The hunt includes food and lodging. Your stay will be in a newly constructed 5 bedroom 3000 sq ft hill top lodge with features to add to your overall enjoyment. You will be one of the first hunters to visit Starkey Hollow Whitetails. Many thanks to Starkey Hollow Whitetails, www.starkeyhollowwhitetails.com,
36. Four Day BECEITE IBEX HUNT for one hunter and one non hunter Hunt: Beceite Ibex hunt for 1 hunter + 1 observer, during 4 days, for a Beceite Ibex. Thehunt can be upgraded with any of the following species, also available in Spain: Gredos Ibex, Southeastern Ibex, Ronda Ibex, Pyrenean & Cantabrian Chamois, Spanish Red Stag, Fallow Deer, Mouflon Sheep & Aoudad. First Class accommodations, at a traditional country house located at the base of the hunting area. The meals are served at the dinning room and are excellent! Dates: October 15th – December 24th, 2010, as well as March 15th – May 31st, Included along with Pick-up at airport and transportation, round trip, from Barcelona to the lodge. Not included is a $300 hunting license and $624 VAT, Ibex trophy fee. Donor: Bruno Rosich, Trophy Hunting Spain. www.trophyhuntingspain.com Bruno won the Outstanding International Professional Hunter of the Year in 2005 & 2010.
37. Tree day 777 Ranch Hunt for two hunters. Each hunter must harvest and pay for at least one trophy. All rooms, meals and guides are furnished.
38. Bighorn sheep bronze
39. This donation from Disciple Guide Service is for a 3-day guided pheasant hunt FOR TWO HUNTERS in the center of the finest pheasant hunting in all of South Dakota. Expect to see WILD bird numbers in the hundreds not dozens - these are not pen raised and released birds. Days of the three hunts are as follows, Oct. 29,30,31 / Nov. 2,3,4 / Nov 10,11,12 / Nov 18,19,20 We will book all winners of donated auction items on a first come first served basis for any of these four dates. Additional hunters, and additional days can be added at regular rates however! Disciple Guide Service will included with the following for this donation:
Airport pickup and return from the Sioux Falls, SD airport. All transportation during the hunt
Experienced guides Andy Coulter and Joshua Kugler, as well as their expert kennel of dogs,
hot lunch in the field each day, snacks and drinks throughout the day, processing and packaging of your daily 3 bird limit - packed in a soft cooler, and shells (if other than 12 ga or 20 ga please inform us prior to your hunt)
Not included with this donation: Your motel room in Kimball or Mitchell, SD (approximately cost $35 - $40 per person per night). Your breakfast and evening meal are at your own expense. Non Resident Hunting license (10 day license $105)
Our birds are 100% wild. We do not stock pen raised birds, and we will hunt all day or until we reach our party limit for the day
Many thanks to disciple Guide Service,
40. GABINO’S OUTDOOR ADVENTURES FOR THE UP-COMING SEASON 2010-2011. This trip is for the 2010 or 2011 season which ends each year on March 5. This auction is for a combination dove hunt and bass fishing. Included in the price of the trip are all room and board, all meals, open bar, hunting and fishing guides, all ground transportation from the lodge to and from hunting/fishing areas. Also included is cleaning and packing of your doves to take home. All of the amenities are FIRST CLASS.
Services not included are airfare, hunting license, gun permit (should you choose to bring a gun), shells, house hold and guide tips.
41. RecordBuck Ranch in Utopia, Texas is donating a 3 day, 3 night whitetail deer hunt for one hunter and one non hunter for a whitetail buck up to 124” and a Corsican ram. In addition, guides choice, the hunter may shoot a whitetail doe and a cull buck if available. This is a really nice 44 thousand acre ranch with brand new lodge you will love! www.recordbuck.com,
42. Package 1: North West Province
5 Hunting days for 1 hunter and 1 non hunter.
Animals: 1 Trophy Impala, 1 Trophy Blesbuck and 1 Warthog
43. Two day father son/daughter youth season deer hunt in Kentucky This is a two day father-son/daughter youth deer hunt in Christensen County, Kentucky for a child 16 and under, and a parent. The hunt will be held on the Kentucky Youth Deer weekend.. Hunters will arrive on Friday before the hunt and depart after the hunt on Sunday. Last season saw all of the youths harvested a deer or had a shot. The deer are hunted on 5,000 acres and have been located prior to the arrival of the kids. This hunt includes lodging and meals and transportation to the hunting site and back. Guests will arrive the afternoon prior to opening morning and will depart after the evening hunt on the second day. This will be a semi-guided hunt with hunters being near food sources.
Thanks to Chuck Stephens, Kentucky Trophy Bucks
44. Thompson Center Triumph .50 cal Muzzleloader