Dalton State's Carnilious Simmons Named SSAC Player Of The Week
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Carnilious Simmons of Dalton State was named SSAC Men's Basketball Player of the Week, presented by BoxOut Sports, the league office announced Monday.
The award is based on performance for the week of Jan. 8-14.
Carnilious Simmons (Dalton State – SR – F – Atlanta, Ga.)
· The 18th-ranked Roadrunners went 2-0 in SSAC action on the week, beating Blue Mountain (Miss.) and 24th-ranked William Carey (Miss.)
· Simmons recorded double-doubles in both games, averaging 23 points, 18 rebounds and five blocks, while shooting 49% overall and 71% from the charity stripe
· He posted 25 points and 25 rebounds v.
BMC and 21 points and 11 rebounds v. WCU. The 25 rebounds is the most by an SSAC athlete dating back to 2010-11
· The senior averages 16.5 points and 12.8 rebounds per game in eight games on the year, shooting 43% overall and 58% from the free throw line
· He has five double-doubles on the season and has produced 643 points and 455 rebounds in his two-year career at Dalton State
Other Nominees: Jemeereo Spain, Martin Methodist (Tenn.); Dimychael Ross, Brewton-Parker (Ga.); Jaylen Moore, William Carey (Miss.); Charles Cobb, Bethel (Tenn.); Marquis Grays, Faulkner (Ala.); Rydealous Taylor, Middle Georgia State; Terry Smith Jr., Loyola (La.)
Week 1: Isaiah Box (Dalton State)
Week 2: Jaylon Bardley (Blue Mountain)
Week 3: Nick Parker (Loyola)
Week 4: Isaac Edmondson (Bethel)
Week 5: Jaylen Moore (William Carey)
Week 6: Jemeereo Spain (Martin Methodist)
Week 7: Jaylen Moore (William Carey)
Week 8: Benjamin Fields (Loyola)