Several families have been displaced by a second alarm fire at the Golden Gateway Apartments in Chattanooga.
The fire department was called to the 1124 building on Grove Street around 10 a.m.
Smoke and flames were coming out of one of the lower units.
All of the residents were out of the burning building.
Firefighters knocked the fire down from the outside and then launched an interior attack and got it out.
Four units in the apartments building were impacted. No one was injured.
The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental due to combustibles placed too close to a wall heater.
The Chattanooga Police Department, Hamilton County EMS and the Incident Dispatch Unit from Hamilton County 911 provided assistance on the scene.
A dog was rescued from one of the apartments and McKamey Animal Center has been notified.