Building Recognition in Chattanooga, known as the B.R.I.C. Awards, was started in 2016 to recognize the best of the best in the construction, architecture, engineering and sustainability fields across Chattanooga. Due to COVID-19, the annual banquet was not held and instead the committee presented the awards for the work to the following organizations:
1. Award(s): green|spaces Sustainable Project and CSI Innovative Collaboration
Project Name: Mountain Creek Streambank Project
Awardee Name: Propex and Waterways
2. Award: AIA Merit Award
Project Name: Layouts on Market
Awardee Name: ALLY Architecture
3. Award: green|spaces Sustainable Business
Project Name/Awardee: The Strand
4. Award – AIA Merit Award
Project Name: Chocolate City
Awardee Name: Hefferlin + Kronenberg
5. Award: Associated General Contractors Excellence in Building – Building Renovation Category
Project Name: Mission Chattanooga
Awardee Name: Tucker Build
6. Award Name: AIA Merit Award
Project Name: McMahan Law Firm
Awardee Name: Tinker Ma
7. Award Name: Associated General Contractors Excellence in Building – New Construction
Project Name: It is Written
Awardee Name: P&C Construction
8. Award Name: Home Builders Association of Greater Chattanooga Excellence in Building
Project Name: Cambridge Square
Awardee Name: BP Construction
9. Award Name: 2 - AIA Honor Awards
Projects Name: Oohology Office HQ & Cana Island Interpretive Center
Awardee Name: Studio MAYO
10. Award Name: Outstanding Engineering Project
Project Name: East Lake Park
Awardee Name: CDM Smith
11. Award Name: Sustainability Professional of the Year
Awardee Name: Kelly Brooks
People’s Choice Awards were also presented to:
1. Award: Associated General Contractor’s Excellence in Construction: Choo Choo Breezeway by Tucker Build.
2. Award: AIA: McMahan Law Firm Design by Tinker Ma.
3. Award: Outstanding Engineering Project – East Lake Park by CDM Smith.
4. Award: CSI Innovative Collaboration Project – Giraffe Exhibit at the Chattanooga Zoo by March Adams.
5. Home Builders Association of Greater Chattanooga Excellence in Building – Magnolia Farms by Pratt Home Builders.
6. green|spaces Sustainable Business of the Year: Green’s Design & Supply
The awards are hosted in collaboration by AIA Chattanooga, AGC of East Tennessee, CSI Chattanooga Chapter, HBAGC, green|spaces and the Chattanooga ASCE, CEC, SWE, TSPE Engineering Chapters.
The event benefits the ACE Mentorship program. The ACE Mentor Program mission is to engage, excite and enlighten high school students to pursue careers in architecture, engineering and construction through mentoring and to support their continued advancement in the industry.
“ACE Mentor Program of Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia is proud to be involved with the BRIC Awards, bringing together and highlighting the best designers, engineers and contractors Chattanooga has to offer,” said Jim Williamson, board president of ACE Mentor Program. “The BRIC Awards aligns with the ACE mission of developing partnerships and recognizing excellence, while supporting our ability through scholarships to encourage high school students to pursue higher education and careers in the Architecture, Construction and Engineering professions.”