Lane Lawrence, an alumnus of Chattanooga’s Girl Preparatory School, has been named to the United Soccer Coaches NCAA Division III All-Region VII Second Team. Lawrence, a native of Ringgold, is currently a junior at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology in Terre Haute, Ind.
She led Rose-Hulman’s offense with 10 assists along with seven goals for a total of 24 points this past season. Earlier, Lawrence was honored as first team All-Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference during the 2020-21 spring season. She currently stands no. 8 at Rose-Hulman with 18 career goals, as well as eighth in program history with 54 career points. Lawrence was also a second team All-HCAC selection this past season.
The school, coached by Amy Helliwell, is 34-10-3 over the past three seasons.
Lane Lawrence Career Accolades:
* 3-year varsity letter award
* Selected Second-Team All-Region VII by United Soccer Coaches in the 2021 season
* Selected All-HCAC Second Team in the 2021 season
* Selected All-HCAC First Team as a sophomore in the spring 2020-21 season
* Selected All-HCAC First Team as a freshman in 2019
* Member of 2019 HCAC regular season and tournament championship team
* Member of 2019 NCAA Division III Tournament squad
* Ranks No. 8 in Rose-Hulman history with 18 goals and 54 points
* Scored 7 goals and led the HCAC in assists with 10
* Offensive Player of the Week once in the spring 2020-21 season
* Scored 3-straight game-winning goals against Franklin, Transylvania, and Manchester