To participate in the annual blind drawing, individuals must:
* Be at least 16 years of age. * Appear in person. * Not have applied for more than one area.
Possess one of the following licenses and permits (except at Reelfoot where an annual Reelfoot Preservation Permit is required instead of the Type 091 permit). No licenses or permits will be available at blind drawing locations.
* Lifetime Sportsman License * OR Sportsman License (Type 004) * OR Type 001 License and Type 091 Permit * OR Type 166 License and Type 091 Permit or Type 167 Permit * OR Proof of age (residents born before March 1, 1926) and Type 091 Permit
* Type 071 License and Type 091 Permit * Type 073 License and Type 091 Permit
WEST TENNESSEE LOCATIONS
Drawings on all of the areas will be Saturday August 4, 2007. Registration will be 7:00- 10:00 a.m. with the drawings to begin at 10:00 a.m. at the following locations:
Gooch Unit A (35 blinds)Location for drawing - Town of Obion - City Park. Take U.S. Highway 51 north from Memphis or south from Union City. Get off at Obion exit, turn east to City Park.
Reelfoot (45 blinds)Location for drawing - Ellington Hall at Reelfoot State Park Visitors Center, Hwy. 22, 2 ½ miles east of Tiptonville, TN. - across from Boyette’s Restaurant.
Kentucky Lake (Camden Units I&II, Harmon’s Creek, Big Sandy, and Gin Creek)(Camden-48 blinds; Harmon Creek-9 blinds; Big Sandy-18 blinds; and Gin Creek- 6 blinds)Location for drawing - Little League Ballfield in Big Sandy, TN.
Barkley Unit I (24 blinds)Location for drawing - Dover Elementary School, 1 mile south of Dover, TN on Hwy. 49.
Tigrett (17 blind sites)Location for drawing- Dyersburg Fairgrounds (First Citizens Pavillion). Take Newbern/ Dyersburg exit ( State Hwy 211) off U.S. Hwy. 412 at Dyersburg. Take Hwy. 211 west, towards Dyersburg, turn on Community Park Road. Fairgrounds will be on the right.
West Sandy (40 blinds)Location will be the Livestock Barn at the Henry Co. Fairgrounds in Paris, TN.
MIDDLE TENNESSEE DRAWINGS
Waterfowl hunters will gather Saturday, Aug. 4, 2007 to draw for waterfowl blind positions on Cheatham, Haynes, Old Hickory, and AEDC (Woods) wildlife management areas in Middle Tennessee.
* Old Hickory - Ward Agricultural Center in Lebanon
* Cheatham Lake – Cheatham WMA headquarters
* Haynes Bottom - Cheatham WMA headquarters
* Woods Reservoir - AEDC Gossick Center
Registration is from 7:00-10:00 a.m.
TWRA would like to remind people attending the blind drawings that rules and regulations state - No person shall buy, sell, or barter, or offer to buy, sell or barter the privilege of signing on a draw blind. Violation of this is a Class B misdemeanor.