Seventeen emerging community leaders representing a variety of businesses recently began their Leadership Cleveland experience. The program is a nine-month community development initiative that brings professionals throughout the region together to cultivate leadership, exposure to volunteer opportunities and promote positive community growth.
“We have a great group of leaders representing our community this year,” said Bernadette Douglas, executive vice president at the Cleveland/Bradley Chamber of Commerce.
This year’s class kicked-off with an orientation, followed by a retreat day at Johnston Woods. The remainder of the sessions highlight a different segment of the community each month, such as education and healthcare, among others. Members of the class tour facilities and meet the experts for each month’s focus.
Members of the 2019-20 Leadership Cleveland class are:
• Anna Baker, Girls on the Run of Southeast Tennessee;
• JT Barnhart, Tennova Healthcare--Cleveland;
• Larissa Brown, Southern Heritage Bank;
• Larissa Coleman, Cleveland/Bradley Chamber of Commerce;
• Sandy Kirby, Cleveland State Community College;
• Nicholas Romito, Cleveland Utilities;
• Aaron Fulbright, Cleveland Utilities;
• Lisa Humphres, First Tennessee;
• Kevin Ung, Lee University;
• Shannon Beierle, Premier Surgical-Cleveland;
• Tiffany Sawyer, Signature HealthCARE of Cleveland;
• Gene Owenby, Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union;
• Christa Mannarino, Cleveland State Community College;
• Jay Moultrie, Regions Bank;
• Mathia Blomstrom, Cleveland Family YMCA;
• Julianne Hale, Tennessee Wesleyan University;
• Jordan Haugen, Bowater Credit Union.
“Leadership Cleveland is a key strategy the Chamber of Commerce and the community use to engage and retain a professional workforce," said Ms. Douglas. “We are confident this year’s class will make significant contributions in the years ahead.”
Members of the Cleveland/Bradley Chamber of Commerce interested in participating in the 2020-21 class may call the Chamber office at 423-472-6587, or email Ms. Douglas at BDouglas@clevelandchamber.com.