Groome Transportation’s Chattanooga Ridership Increases 60% 1 Month After Reopening
Thursday, September 24, 2020
After resuming shuttle service between Chattanooga and the Atlanta and Nashville airports in mid-August, Groome Transportation has seen an increase in demand as more travelers take to the skies and more travelers take Groome to and from regional airports. One month after reopening, ridership has climbed 60% and a recent customer survey indicates a positive attitude toward air travel among Chattanooga customers.
When customers were asked if they would feel comfortable using air travel again, regardless if they intend to or not, 50% said they would feel comfortable using air travel right now and 28% said they would feel comfortable in 2-6 months.
When Groome asked its Chattanooga customers if they would feel comfortable taking the Groome shuttle in the next six months, regardless if they intend to travel or not, 92% said “Yes” or “Maybe”, reflecting favorably on Groome’s new operating procedures which include frequent whole-vehicle disinfection, blocking seats and requiring face masks.
“We’ve gone to great lengths to enhance our safety and cleaning protocols prior to reopening,” said Vince Groome, the third-generation CEO of his family’s business. “We’ve been a part of Chattanooga since 2008 and are encouraged by the continued trust and support from the community. Anyone who’s ready to travel can rest assured that Groome is providing the safest possible shuttle experience to and from the Atlanta and Nashville airports.”
Similar to new policies and procedures implemented by major airlines, Groome has made changes for the safety and comfort of its customers and employees, including the following:
· Fogging vehicles after every use with a leading-edge electrostatic sprayer and a high-grade, EPA-registered disinfectant which is effective against coronaviruses.
· Making EPA-approved cleaning supplies available to drivers for regular wipe downs of high touch surfaces.
· Implementing social distancing in vehicles by reducing the number of passengers permitted per vehicle and blocking certain seats.
· Requiring all drivers and passengers to wear face masks.
· Facilitating a regular supply of fresh, filtered air into the vehicle.
· Training all Groome employees on measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Groome Transportation is a leading provider of scheduled transportation services throughout the U.S., connecting over 120 cities to 13 major hub airports. Additionally, Groome provides dedicated transportation services to some of the most prestigious hospitals and universities in the U.S. Since 1934, Groome has provided safe, reliable and comfortable transportation services to passengers throughout the U.S.