The Technical College System of Georgia has launched its Senior Leadership Academy, a professional development program designed to promote career advancement within TCSG and its 22 colleges across Georgia. The first cohort of 25 participants met at TCSG’s system office for a two-day session led by Dr. Alvetta Thomas.
“We are excited to kick-off this first cohort of the Senior Leadership Academy to nurture and develop leaders in technical education in Georgia,” said Dr.
Alvetta Thomas, president, Executive Leadership Academy and Talent Initiatives at TCSG. “The Senior Leadership Academy provides participants with the knowledge and tools necessary for success as they continue building their careers at TCSG.”
The Senior Leadership Academy is a yearlong program divided into eight two-day sessions. The first cohort will receive 160 hours of content, including 18 hours of leadership training through the University of Georgia Carl Vinson Institute of Government. The Academy is designed to provide participants with greater understanding of the operation and administrative functions of TCSG and its colleges such as strategic planning, data driven decision making, budgeting, student affairs, compliance, workforce development, and legal services, among others. Participants will be meeting with the Commissioner, college presidents, members of the State Board of the Technical College System of Georgia and industry partners throughout the year.
“By providing a leadership development program for our employees, we are letting them know that TCSG is invested in our people and committed to helping them grow in their career,” said TCSG Commissioner Greg Dozier. “These 25 participants are the future leaders of TCSG and our colleges, and I look forward to supporting them in their journey.”
The first cohort of The Senior Leadership Academy is:
• Angela Davis, Albany Technical College;
• Dr. Kristen Douglas, Athens Technical College;
• Gail Edwards, Atlanta Technical College;
• Christine Ball, Augusta Technical College;
• Andrea Griner, Central Georgia Technical College;
• Heather Pence, Chattahoochee Technical College;
• Thomas Wesley, Coastal Pines Technical College;
• Dr. Tara Askew, Columbus Technical College;
• Dr. Elizabeth Anderson, Georgia Northwestern Technical College;
• Dr. Cheree Williams, Georgia Piedmont Technical College;
• Sonya McDaniel, Gwinnett Technical College;
• Les Salter, Lanier Technical College;
• Dr. Vinson Burdette, North Georgia Technical College;
• Kim David, Oconee Fall Line Technical College;
• Jeffery Davis, Ogeechee Technical College;
• Tal Loos, Savannah Technical College;
• Eulish Kinchens, South Georgia Technical College;
• Brad Hart, Southeastern Technical College;
• Stacy Acey, Southern Crescent Technical College;
• Ross Cox, Southern Regional Technical College;
• Dr. Nathalie Dames, TCSG;
• Britney Singer-Walsh, TCSG;
• Tim Bacon, TCSG;
• Kristen Buoy, West Georgia Technical College; and
• Stevan Van Hook, Wiregrass Georgia Technical College.