The Hamilton County Coalition will host three separate opioid overdose reversal trainings this Saturday for National Prescription Drug Take Back Day.
The locations for the trainings are Chattanooga Elks Lodge #91 (1069 Graysville Road), 2nd Missionary Baptist Church (2305 East. 3rd St.) and Mt. Canaan Baptist Church (4801 Hwy. 58). All three trainings will run from 11 a.m.-noon.
“Overdoses are incredibly unfortunate, but they don’t have to be the end of someone’s life,” Vanessa Spotts, regional overdoses prevention specialist for Hamilton County Coalition said. “These trainings are completely free and open to anyone wanting to learn about overdoses, how to prevent overdoses and how to save a life.”
In the trainings, participants will:
- Learn how to identify the signs of an overdose;
- Learn who to contact if there is a suspected overdose;
- Learn what to do in those critical moments;
- Learn about alternative pain management;
- Learn about treatment resources; and
- Learn how to prevent an overdose.
Anyone interested in attending a training is encouraged to register by calling Hamilton County Coalition at 423-305-1449 or register online at hccoalition.org.