Health Department WIC Program Provides Nutritional Support For Women And Children During Pandemic
Monday, October 12, 2020
The Hamilton County Health Department’s Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program has continued to support qualifying mothers and children with healthy nutrition, nutritional education and breastfeeding support throughout the pandemic.
Any mothers with children under the age of five who are experiencing financial hardship are urged to apply for these benefits.
“We want eligible families to know we are here for them during these difficult times,” said WIC Regional Manager Angie Gross.
“For the safety and convenience of our clients, we offer enrollment and ongoing services by phone, so it couldn’t be easier to be a WIC client right now.”
The Tennessee WIC program provides food assistance, nutrition education and breastfeeding support to low-income pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women, infants and children until age five. "WIC has proven to be effective in preventing and improving nutrition related health problems," officials said.
Does your family qualify for WIC? Call the number closest to you and speak to one of the Health Department’s nutrition specialists to find out. For safety and convenience, all appointments are over-the-phone.
• Birchwood* — 423-209-8220
• Ooltewah Health Center* — 423-713-6177
• Sequoyah Health Center— 423-713-6153
• Family Health/Pediatrics (3rd Street location) 423-209-8050
• Dodson Avenue (an Erlanger Community Health Center)— 423-209-8220
Health Department clinics marked with * are not open for other services, but these phone numbers will connect you with staff who handle WIC clients in those parts of the county.
More about WIC eligibility can be found on the Health Department’s WIC webpage.
Additional Health Department information may be accessed here:
• Website: http://health.hamiltontn.org/
• English Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/HamiltonTNHealthDept/
• Spanish Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SaludHamiltonTN/
• YouTube English: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkF8VUBQFLiJoxh8Sk10mA
• YouTube Spanish: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwHuLpBFuLOf6hDTOCFbfyQ
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/HamiltonHealth
• Subscribe to the Mailing List: https://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/j6u3e5