Dryer Fire Causes Minimum Damage At The Honors Golf Course

  • Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A dryer fire caused minimal damages at the Honors Golf Course in Ooltewah on Monday night.

At 8 p.m., an employee from the course called 911 reporting a fire at 9603 Lee Highway. The Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department responded and reported heavy smoke coming from the caddy building behind the main clubhouse.

Firefighters entered the building to find Honors Course employees using a fire extinguisher on a fire inside the dryer. Firefighters finished putting out the fire within minutes.

No injuries were reported, but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any potential injuries to firefighters.

Fire officials from the Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department reported the employees from the Honors Course were using a gas-operated washer and dryer towels containing cooking grease. The heat from the dryer started a reaction from the grease on the towels.

The caddy building, which houses the golf carts and laundry room, sustained minimum damages estimated at $3,500.

Breaking News
Aspiring Rapper Pleads Guilty In Slaying Of Man He Rode To The Scene With
Aspiring Rapper Pleads Guilty In Slaying Of Man He Rode To The Scene With
  • 7/22/2024

A youth who was charged with murder not long after his high school graduation has pleaded guilty to reduced charges in Criminal Court. Daquan Malique Mason received 12 years for attempted ... more

Get Emailed Headlines From Chattanoogan.com; Like Us On Facebook, Twitter For Instant News
  • 7/22/2024

We send out headlines each week day of the latest Chattanooga news. Our news headlines have links that take you to the stories with a click. We also send out special emails if there ... more

Latest Hamilton County Arrest Report
  • 7/22/2024

Here is the latest Hamilton County arrest report. (If your case is dismissed, just email us your name and date we ran it and we will promptly take off. Email to news@chattanoogan.com ) AGUILON, ... more