The Chattanooga Mocs volleyball program gets set to host Georgia State in its lone match of the 2020 fall season next Saturday, September 12, at 2:05 p.m. ET inside Maclellan Gymnasium. The match will be carried LIVE on ESPN+ through the Watch ESPN and ESPN App platforms.
Streaming links can be found both on the schedule page or inside the newly-released 'Go Mocs' app presented by First Bank. The 'Go Mocs' app is available now for Apple IOS and Android devices, and can be downloaded here, or by searching for "Chattanooga Mocs Athletics" in the App Store or Google Play.
Chattanooga (0-0, Southern) vs.
Georgia State (0-0, Sun Belt)
2:05 p.m. ET · Maclellan Gymnasium
TV: ESPN+ (Chris Goforth – PxP, Madison Bergren – Color)
*There will be no fans permitted at this event due to COVID-19 health guidelines.
· Chattanooga is a combined 16-4 (.800%) in its last 20 non-conference home matches... have won six of the last seven... eight of the last 10... last loss came against MTSU on September 12, 2018.
· Team returns eight letter winners and welcomes nine newcomers to 2020 roster... four seniors... three juniors... four sophomores... seven freshmen... of the nine newcomers, two are transfers... Makenzie Jordan (Mississippi State) and Tamia Hall (Blinn College).
· Chattanooga is 4-0 in its last four home openers... have won five of the last eight... 19-15 (.559%) all-time... last year’s home opener was moved to Cleveland High School in Cleveland, Tenn.
· Senior class is made up of Bailey Bennett, Maddie Halsey, Mikaela Gauthreaux and Megan Kaufman... Gauthreaux is in redshirt season after missing 2019 due to injury... will be only senior to participate in upcoming spring season... other three will depart due to academic advancements.
· Incoming UTC freshman class ranked among the top 51-100 classes nationally by PrepVolleyball.com... comprised of four different states... class consists of Sophia Bossong (TN), Sarah Flynn (GA), Paige Gallentine (MI), Hayden McGee (GA), Jada Mullins (TN), Kate Neill (MN) and Emma Perkins (TN).
GEORGIA STATE NOTES
· Finished 2019 season with a 10-17 overall record and 6-10 mark in the Sun Belt… went 0-2 against SoCon schools (WCU, ETSU)… winners of its last two matches… returns seven letter winners and welcomes seven newcomers… lost seven letter winners.
· Georgia State will play an 18-match schedule with 16 Sun Belt competitions ahead of a league tournament this fall… other non-conference match against Mercer (9/18) in Atlanta.
· Senior OH Leah Wilcox and senior MB Mesisheia Griffin return to the team this fall… combined for 413 kills and 149.0 total blocks last season… Griffin was selected to the Sun Belt All-Conference Second Team.
· Georgia State leads the all-time series against Chattanooga 7-5… last meeting resulted in 3-2 GSU win inside Maclellan Gym during the Chattanooga Classic
A subscription to ESPN+ is available for purchase via the ESPN App and ESPN+ Website, and fans can only access ESPN+ content after they have subscribed. Subscription to ESPN+ is $5.99/mo. or $49.99/yr.
ABOUT GO MOCS APP
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga Athletics Department, in partnership with From Now On, has launched a free app that gives fans easy access to the Mocs information they want most. The 'Go Mocs' app presented by FirstBank provides users with live stats, game day information, ticket purchasing, and exclusive Mocs content all in one place. It also includes push notifications, so fans are always the first to know score updates, breaking news and promotional offers.
MORE ABOUT CHATTANOOGA VOLLEYBALL
Watch "Mission First, Family Always" here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8mOmxbzHk4&t=2s
Read "Mission First, Family Always" here: https://gomocs.com/news/2019/9/27/general-chatt-chats-mission-first-family-always.aspx?path=general