The Chattanooga Division of Transportation announces the following upcoming special event road closures:
Howard School Homecoming Parade
• On Friday, Sept. 23 beginning at 4:45 p.m., a rolling closure will take place to accommodate the Howard School Homecoming Parade on the following roads:
o W. 38th Street westbound between Kirkland Avenue and Alton Park Blvd.; and
o Alton Park Boulevard northbound between W. 38th Street and Howard School.
Chattanooga Football Club Home Match
The following roads will be closed on Saturday, Sept. 24 from 4:30 p.m.-midnight:
• Reggie White Boulevard between the Chattanooga Skate Park north entrance and W. 20th Street (Reggie White will remain closed until 6 p.m. Sunday for the Chattanooga Market);
• Chestnut Street between W. 17th Street and W. 19th Street; and
• W. 19th Street between Reggie White Boulevard and Chestnut Street.
Street parking will be prohibited on Chestnut Street within the closure on the dates/times listed above. Vehicles left within the closure will be towed at the owner's expense.
Chattanooga Market - Reggie White Boulevard
• Reggie White Boulevard will be closed in front of the First Horizon Pavilion on Sunday, Sept. 25 for the Chattanooga Market until 6 p.m..
• This Sunday's theme is “Sunday Funday.”
• DOWNTOWN ELECTRIC SHUTTLE UPDATE: The free CARTA Electric Shuttle Downtown will be operating on a modified schedule Sunday, Sept. 25 between CARTA Shuttle Park South (at the Chattanooga Choo Choo) and Shuttle Park North (Aquarium/IMAX). The first shuttles will begin at 4 a.m. and leave every five-10 minutes. The last shuttle will depart at 12:20 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 26.
• REMINDER: Riverside Drive/Riverfront Parkway between Aquarium Way and Molly Street, Chestnut Street between Aquarium Way and Riverfront Parkway, Power Alley from the parking lot to Riverfront Parkway, and the southbound Veterans Bridge ramp to Riverside Drive will be closed until 8 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 26 for the IRONMAN setup, race and take-down.
• SUNDAY IRONMAN BIKE ROUTE: The right eastbound lane of Riverfront Parkway between Molly Lane and Market Street, the right southbound lane of Market Street between West 20th Street and West 40th Street (the I-24 on-ramp and off-ramp at Market Street will be closed), West 40th Street between Alton Park Blvd and Tennessee Avenue, and all streets crossing this route will be controlled by CPD officers. The intersections of St. Elmo Avenue and Virginia Avenue at West 45th Street will be four-way stops from 8 a.m.-6 p.m on Sunday, Sept. 25 for the IRONMAN bike portion. Cyclists will also be on Tennessee Avenue and St. Elmo Avenue to the state line, riding with traffic.
• SUNDAY IRONMAN RUNNING ROUTE: The right eastbound lane of Frazier Avenue between Forest Avenue and the Veterans Bridge, the right northbound lane of Barton Avenue between Frazier Avenue and Baker Street, the right northbound lane of the Veterans Bridge between East 3rd Street and Barton Avenue, the right westbound lane of Amnicola Highway between Old Curtain Pole Road and Lindsay Street, Riverside Drive between Lindsay Street and Molly Lane, the Battery Place off-ramp from Riverside Drive, Aquarium Way between Riverside Drive and Walnut Street will be closed and all streets crossing this route will be controlled by CPD officers to give right-of-way to the runners from 12:25 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 25 until 1 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 26 for the IRONMAN run portion.
View CDOT's map of events and road closures for full details of these activities and other projects underway in our public space.