Beginning today, the AIM Center will have special programming and events for their clubhouse members to celebrate Thanksgiving.
Events are as follows:
• Moccasin Bend employees will be visited and gifted framed art pieces by AIM Center members showing them appreciation of their care and hard work.
• 2:30 p.m. - Motivational speaker and entrepreneur Paul Cummings will speak to AIM Center members sharing his story of stroke recovery and overcoming aphasia, learning to speak again.
• AIM Center staff will visit members in their homes and deliver Thanksgiving Meals.
• 1 p.m. - AIM Center members will volunteer with The Union Gospel Mission in serving homeless neighbors Thanksgiving meals.
• 9 a.m. - Coffee with Gratitude – sharing virtually all we are thankful for this year.
• 10 a.m. - Together AIM Center staff will watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
• 11 a.m. - Creativity @ Home Art Instruction – Expressions of thankfulness
• noon - Virtual Thanksgiving Dinner together
• 1 p.m. - All will join virtually to watch the National Dog Show
“This year has been challenging for all of us, but even more so for those who have mental illness and instabilities,” said Donna Maddox, AIM Center’s CEO. “For Thanksgiving we do not want to lose sight of all we are thankful for, especially each other.”
Officials said, "The AIM Center could not do all it does without the help from our community. Monetary support can be given by visiting www.aimcenterinc.org or by mailing a donation 472 West Martin Luther King Blvd., Chattanooga, Tn., 37402."
For more information on how you can help, visit www.aimcenterinc.org or call 423-624-4800.