Mocs Softball Stats In Review
Sunday, April 26, 2020
Emily Coltharp,fields a ball.
- photo by Ray Soldano/GoMocs.com
Despite the 2020 Chattanooga Mocs softball season coming to a premature halt due to COVID-19, statistics for individuals and teams will still count towards the career historical record books as announced by the NCAA statistical offices earlier this month.
However, no individual NCAA statistical category champion will be awarded or recognized in the record books. No averages, percentages and per-game single-season categories will be eligible for single-season records in 2020.
Of note, sophomore Emily Coltharp led the entire Southern Conference with a .415 batting average this season while senior Celie Hudson led the league with a 1.92 ERA.
Coltharp becomes the fourth Moc in program history to lead the conference in batting average at the season's end.
Hudson marked back-to-back years in which a UTC pitcher paced the league's ERA category after junior Allison Swinford earned the crown in 2019. Hudson has racked up 53 career complete games, sixth-most in program history and 15th most among all active NCAA DI pitchers.
Below is a list of a few notable statistics, both single-season and career, updated through the shortened 2020 season.
CAREER BATTING RECORDS (All-Time Rank at UTC)
.368 – Emily Coltharp (T-5th)
.350 – Aly Walker (9th)
35 – Aly Walker (11th)
.452 – Emily Coltharp (3rd)
.431 – Aly Walker (8th)
23 – Emily Coltharp (8th)
CAREER PITCHING RECORDS (All-Time Rank at UTC)
53 – Celie Hudson (6th)*
• *Hudson's 53 career complete games is 15th most among all active NCAA DI pitchers.
365 – Celie Hudson (9th)*
• *Hudson is one of just 10 pitchers in program history to appear in 100 games and record 300 strikeouts.
CAREER FIELDING RECORDS (All-Time Rank at UTC)
1,058 – Emma Sturdivant (4th)
1,004 – Emma Sturdivant (4th)
SINGLE SEASON BATTING (SoCon / NCAA Rank)
.415 – Emily Coltharp (1st/110th)*
.348 – Aly Walker (7th)
.280 – Gracey Kruse (15th)
• *Chattanooga's first Southern Conference batting champion since Sara Poteat in 2012 and just the fourth to ever lead the league at the end of a season.
.519 – Emily Coltharp (1st/70th)*
.427 – Aly Walker (6th)
• *Third Moc in program history to lead the Southern Conference in batting average and on-base percentage at season's end.
SINGLE SEASON PITCHING (SoCon / NCAA Rank)
Earned Run Average
1.92 – Celie Hudson (1st/135th)*
3.73 – Allison Swinford (9th)
• *Back-to-back seasons a UTC pitcher led the Southern Conference at season's end in earned run average (Swinford, 1.92).
Strikeouts (SoCon Rank)
66 – Celie Hudson (2nd)
48 – Allison Swinford (3rd)
SINGLE SEASON FIELDING (SoCon / NCAA Rank)
145 – Emma Sturdivant (1st / NA)
116 – Cameren Swafford (4th / NA)