The Bridge at Ooltewah is gearing up for National Assisted Living Week, a week of special activities, from Sept. 13-19.
The National Center for Assisted Living sponsors the week each year to celebrate assisted living communities and their residents and associates. This year’s theme is “Caring is EssentiAL.”
Each day will have a different theme and accompanying programming:
• Sunday, Sept.
13 – Caring through Culture with the launch of a Walk Across America walking program to engage residents and staff in moving and encourage exercise as they track their steps and “travel” across America.
• Monday, Sept. 14 – Caring through Connection will give residents the opportunity to see and connect with their families and friends with a family parade and much-needed hugs through a Cuddle Curtain, which will provide safe and protective interaction.
• Tuesday, Sept. 15 – Caring with Courage will give residents and staff opportunities to show appreciation to frontline care providers and first-responders.
• Wednesday, Sept. 16 – Caring with Commitment will relaunch the Going the Extra Mile customer service program and focus on celebrating staff members who go above and beyond to fulfill Century Park’s mission: to create a fulfilling lifestyle for our residents and a rewarding work environment for our valued associates.
• Thursday, Sept. 17 – Caring through Communication will give residents educational opportunities to learn how to communicate with their loved ones in a virtual world, including Zoom, Google Hangouts, FaceTime and social media.
• Friday, Sept. 18 – Caring with Confidence will focus on provider relationships and the quality care The Bridge at Longmont offers its residents.
• Saturday, Sept. 19 – Caring with Compassion will focus on staff and resident relationships as everyone gathers to end the week on a celebratory note with an outdoor movie, hot dogs with all the fixings and S’mores.
For more details about the events planned for National Assisted Living Week, call The Bridge at Ooltewah at 423 760-8540.
The Bridge at Ooltewah is at 5901 Snow Hill Road.