The City of Chattanooga’s Department of Community Development announces the resurgence of our fun-filled summer camp opportunities for the city’s youth and teens ages six-17 years old.
“Community centers are a vital part of summer engagements across our city and provide a safe space for our youth to explore, learn and inspire growth,” stated Tony Sammons, administrator of The City of Chattanooga’s Community Development Department.
“Back to Summer” Camp is available for children ages six to 12 years at 11 community centers across the city.
Youth can enjoy various fun-filled sports, technology, arts and crafts, dance and educational opportunities. Camp days will include healthy lifestyle activities that encourage children to use the summer for reaching personal goals, understanding and enjoying community service and celebrating everyone’s talents. “Back to Summer Camp” is offered weekly from June 5 through Aug. 4, Monday – Friday from 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Lunch is included, or participants can bring their own meals. Parents must register their children in advance. Click here
To adequately plan for staff and space and encourage consistent attendance after registration, the City is charging a fee of $75 per two-week camp session, with early bird registration and full summer discounts available. To ensure the City’s summer camps remain affordable for all, a scholarship is available for youth who receive free or reduced lunch at their respective school. For a list of schools and requirements for scholarships, click here
For teens ages 13 to 17 years, the City has partnered with Dynamo Studios to host the “GO LIVE” Summer Media Teen Camp, where participants can express their creativity and experiment with music, media and technology. Working under the guidance of seasoned professionals, teens will collaborate with others to create music, videos and graphics, which will then be featured as part of a special showcase at the end of the summer. The camp will be held at the City’s state-of-the-art media center/recording studio at the South Chattanooga Community Center, with instruction from Dynamo Studios artists.
Enrollment is free on a first-come, first-served basis, with 20 spots available. Teens will leave camp with the confidence and knowledge that they created something amazing, with an opportunity to come back and participate throughout the school year. Contact Sredrick Collins to register at 423-643-6810 or email email@example.com.
“Back to Summer Camp” Dates and Details
Dates: Weekdays, June 5 – Aug. 4
Time: 8 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Cost for Full Summer Session (June 5 - Aug. 4):
• Early Bird: $250 (Deadline April 30)
• Regular Rate: $300 (Due after April 30)
• Scholarship Rate $40
Individual Summer 2-Week Session Options:
• Session 1 (June 5-16) $75
• Session 2 (June 19-30) $75
• Session 3 (July 10-21) $75
• Session 4 (July 24-Aug. 4) $75
• Avondale Community Center (1305 Dodson Ave, Chattanooga, Tn. 37406)
• Chris L. Ramsey Community Center (1010 N Moore Rd, Chattanooga, Tn. 37411)
• Carver Community Center (600 N Orchard Knob Ave, Chattanooga, Tn. 37404)
• East Chattanooga Community Center (2409 Dodson Avenue, Chattanooga, Tn. 37406)
• Eastdale Community Center (1312 Moss St, Chattanooga, Tn. 37411)
• John A. Patten Community Center (3202 Kellys Ferry Rd, Chattanooga, Tn. 37419)
• Shepherd Community Center (2124 Shepherd Rd, Chattanooga, TN 37421)
• South Chattanooga Community Center (1151 W 40th St, Chattanooga, Tn. 37409)
• Tyner Community Center (6900 Ty Hi Dr, Chattanooga, Tn. 37421)
• Washington Hills Community Center (4628 Oakwood Dr, Chattanooga, Tn. 37416)
• North Chattanooga Community Center (406 May St, Chattanooga, Tn. 37405)
“GO LIVE” Summer Media Teen Dates and Details
Dates: June 5 – Aug. 4
Time: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m., Mon – Thurs
Location: South Chattanooga Community Center
1151 W. 40th Street, Chattanooga, Tn. 37409
Summer camp will not operate on the following days: June 19 and July 3-7.