A Soddy Daisy family lost their mobile home to a fire on Sunday morning.
At 6:15 a.m., a 911 call was made reporting a mobile home fire at 2227 Flintshire Lane (Dallas Bay Area). Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived on the scene reporting smoke and fire coming from the back of the mobile home.
Fire officials reported the son was taking care of the three cats while his parents were out of town. He came by to check on the house and feed the cats when he noticed smoke and fire coming from the back of the refrigerator in the kitchen.
As he kicked in the door to extinguish the fire, this ventilated the fire and it spread quickly throughout the house. Unfortunately, the three cats expired in the fire. No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire was accidental. Damages are listed at $35,000.