Before Erlanger began construction on the new Children’s Hospital Outpatient Center on E. Third Street, officials signed a short-term lease with Republic Parking near Unum while a new employee parking lot was being prepared. Shuttle service was made available from this location to transport members of the workforce to and from the Unum lot and Erlanger. This agreement ends in April.
Officials said this was a temporary measure to ensure there was adequate employee parking during the preparation and beginning stages of construction on that former parking lot.
When the Children’s Hospital Outpatient Center opens in December, there will be limited parking at that location for overflow employees, visitors and for cars parked by onsite valet drivers.
Free valet parking will be provided at the new Children’s Hospital Outpatient Center for all patients and visitors.
Approximately 1,000 parking spaces on the ground, first and second levels of the Erlanger parking garage are reserved for patients and visitors. Certain designated employees (e.g. handicapped, 25 years of service, third shift, key managers) are permitted to park on the third and fourth levels of the parking garage, as available. The Whitehall Building parking garage is reserved for Erlanger employees who work in that building.
There are six employee parking lots at the downtown Erlanger campus, with between 140 and 400 spaces at each lot. Plans are underway to add more employee parking spaces near the downtown hospital.
Currently Erlanger provides free valet parking to patients and visitors at six locations:
(1) Main entrance to the hospital, Monday through Friday, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(2) West Wing Surgical Services entrance to hospital on Hampton Street, Monday through Friday, from 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
(3) Outside the Adult Emergency Room entrance on Hampton Street, 7 days a week, from noon until midnight
(4) Outside the Children’s Hospital Emergency Room entrance on Hampton Street, Monday throughFriday, 5:45 a.m. – 6 p.m.
(5) Outside the Erlanger East Hospital Women’s Services entrance, Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
(6) Outside the Erlanger East Emergency Services/Patient Tower entrance, seven days a week, 8.am. to 6 p.m.
Patients and visitors parking in the public garage on Erlanger’s main campus pay $1, regardless of whether they stay one or five days. Those with handicapped tags park free.