A home in Red Bank was damaged by fire Sunday evening.
The homeowner escaped without injuries.
A 911 call was made at 6:30 p.m. reporting a house fire at 5026 Old Trail. The Red Bank Fire Department responded and arrived on the scene reporting heavy smoke pouring out of the eaves and attic area. Red Bank requested a mutual aid response for additional manpower. The Walden’s Ridge Emergency Services, Dallas Bay VFD, and Chattanooga FD responded to the fire scene. The Signal Mountain FD and East Ridge FD covered Red Bank fire stations for additional emergency calls.
Red Bank Lt. Talley Glover reported, “The homeowner had been cooking in the kitchen when the grease in the pan caught fire. She attempted to put the fire out but was unsuccessful. The fire traveled to the attic area and spread very quickly.”
Firefighters were able to contain the fire and save 60 percent of the home. However, 40 percent of the home is severely damaged and estimated around $70,000.
No injuries were reported, but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for potential injuries to firefighters. The cause of the fire will be ruled accidental.