Signal Mill on the North Shore at 205 Manufacturers Road has sold for $13,520,000.
Sitting on 2.89 acres, Signal Mill is a modern, adaptive re-use of an early 1900's era textile mill.
The property was originally Signal Knitting Mills, opened by William Murphey and a group of Chattanooga businessmen. Mr. Murphey, a textile engineer from Georgia, brought his expertise to Chattanooga in 1913.
The Signal Knitting Mills were built in 1916 and is a large two-story brick building. The mill manufacturing clothing for shipment worldwide.
Signal Knitting Mills employed over 1,700 people in the Chattanooga area for over 70 years. With the decline of the textile industry in the United States, knitting processes ceased at the Signal Mill building in 1986.
The mill then became an antique mall and after major remodeling in 2018 now houses boutique shops, restaurants and offices.
The sale was from North Shore Project, LLC to Coro Signal Mill, LLC.
Signal Mill is on the National Register of Historic places. It received the Excellence Award for Adaptive Reuse by the Chattanooga–Hamilton County Regional Planning Agency in 2005.