A man who has been convicted of two rapes was ordered on Monday to begin serving a 10-year sentence on the initial rape from 2016.
Anthony Vance, 56, had been given a suspended sentence on the earlier case.
He will be sentenced on the second rape from Jan. 3, 2018, next Monday. A portion of that sentencing hearing was held on Monday.
Prosecutor Miriam Johnson said Vance has 67 criminal convictions in all, including four that are sex-related. She said he was charged with attempted rape in 2002 and had a 1997 sexual battery case.
She said Vance advised one interviewer that he "had too many convictions to remember."
The prosecutor said one person who examined Vance found him to be "a sexual predator" who had "tricked" many of his victims.
She said the state is asking that the punishment on the new rape be consecutive to the 10-year sentence.
The victim in the latest case plans to make a statement to Judge Don Poole next Monday.