A man was injured in a cooking fire Sunday evening.
Around 7:45 p.m., the Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a reported residential fire with entrapment in the 1500 block of Eucalyptus Drive.
Upon arrival, no fire was visible from the outside, but a man was lying in the front yard.
Fire crews began patient care while other firefighters investigated inside the home.
There was minor damage to the cabinets above the stove.
The man was taken to the hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.
The man's family explained that a small grease fire had started while cooking and he had attempted to carry the burning pot outside. While carrying the burning pot, he suffered moderate burns due to splashing grease.